I deliver services for Software Development, IT and R&D organizations and professionals, to help them becoming more effective and efficient, and increase the business value that they deliver in their organization, and to their customers. (Voor Nederlands, zie mijn Diensten).
My services consist of consultancy, advice, training, mentoring and coaching on:
- applying agile software development and management practices
- implementing continuous improvement in the delivery chain
- measuring, analyzing & improving quality of products and services
- improving how professionals collaborate and communicate
- enabling professional development and a learning organization
I have a broad international experience in agile, lean, quality and process improvement and organizational development, as a coach/mentor, change (project) manager, quality manager, trainer, auditor,and adviser. I’m also an experienced organizer and facilitator of events, networks and workshops, an active member of several networks on Agile, Lean and Quality, and a frequent speaker and writer (see my publications).
Below you can find links to the stories which show what I do and how I do it. I use storytelling as a way of sharing my experience with my readers (see about this website). Since my blog is bilingual, some stories are English, others are Dutch.
Please contact me if you want to talk about what I can do for you and your organization?
By having applied Agile, Lean, CMMI and other frameworks, I have practiced a broad spectrum of solutions which can improve the way you develop your software, and manage it. I have helped organizations with:
- Applying agile and lean practices: Becoming Agile and Lean, Projectmatig werken met agile teams, Managen van Agile teams vereist Agile leiderschap and Lean software ontwikkeling: Introductie en verminderen van verspillingen
- Delivering value to customers: A customer is a customer
- Managing project portfolios: Managing and reporting agile projects, Besturen van Agile projecten, hoe doe je dat?
- Deploying measurements and improve decision taking: Not everything that can be counted, counts, The paradox of choice: Why more is less, Lies, damn lies and statistics and Agile werkt, maar is daar bewijs van?
Improving an organization never stop, it’s a journey. How do you start it, decide where to go, and reap the benefits along the way? Solutions that I have done for organizations are:
- Improving the way organizations improve: Short Cycled Improvement: Observe and Change, Uncovering better ways to do process improvement, Golden rules for Agile process improvement, Using Scrum for process improvement and Verander Manifesto
- Use proven improvement frameworks to increase business value: CMMI Roadmaps: Improving IT for the business, CMMI V1.3: Combining acquisition, development and services, CMMI V1.3: Deploying the CMMI, Borgen van veranderingen, hoe doe je dat?
- Positive approaches for improvement: Devil’s or angel’s advocate: Which role do you prefer?, Oplossingsgericht werken, da’s SIMPLE en practisch,
- Manage the process improvement journey: Communication: Making quality and process improvement visible, Process improvement: The agile way!, Een goed voorbeeld helpt bij verandering, Een verandering leiden, wat heb je daarbij nodig? Voorbeeldgedrag!
You want to increase the quality of software products and lower maintenance costs? Reduce the number of defects, and manage your technical debt? I have implemented quality programs in smaller and larger organization:
- Everybody can and wants to deliver quality: What Drives Quality?, Doctor, what’s wrong with my software?, Quality is understanding why and deciding how and the Real QA Manifesto
- Find defects earlier, improve reviews and testing: Measuring and controlling product quality and Steering product quality in agile teams
- Using Agile and Lean to improve quality: Quality software with Agile teams, Betere productkwaliteit met Agile
- Apply quality practices: Reduce software maintenance: Throw bad code away!, Business benefits of reviews and Improving code quality with pair programming
- Prevent defects: Business reason for root cause analysis, Root cause analysis: Practical Tools, Root cause analysis in CMMI V1.3 and Getting to the root cause of problems
To get products developed and delivered, professionals have to collaborate in teams, and between teams. And develop effective ways to coordinate their work, and communicate. I have helped organizations with:
- Building teams: Establishing and maintaining stable teams, Kies je voor de professional of voor het team? and Implementing agile with the People-CMM
- Stimuating Self Organizing: “Een “Self-Organizing Organization, hoe werkt dat?
- Coaching teams and professionals: You can observe a lot by just watching, Als je goed kijkt, zie je meer
- Inspiring change: Communication * behavior = commitment
- Open Spaces: Ervaringen met open spaces, Open spaces: Betrokken medewerkers bij verandering
It’s all about people, the professionals that make the teams and organizations. Setting the right conditions to reflect and learn:
- Learning and sharing experiences: Skills are crucial for a team to be successful, Sharing knowledge is power, Learn from the guilds, Veranderen doe je door te leren
- Using personal strengths, solution focused: Are your professionals empowered?, Oplossingsgericht werken, de medewerker als expert, Veranderen vanuit je sterktes, da’s anders
- Professional development: Investing in professionals: The People-CMM, Developing your workforce, what’s the benefit?
No tags for this post.