Packed with new examples from real teams, this insightful guide offers detailed information about adapting agile testing for your environment; learning from experience and continually improving your test processes; scaling agile testing across teams; and overcoming the pitfalls of automated testing. You’ll find brand-new coverage of agile testing for the enterprise, distributed teams, mobile/embedded systems, regulated environments, data warehouse/BI systems, and DevOps practices.
You’ll come away understanding
• How to clarify testing activities within the teamW
• Ways to collaborate with business experts to identify valuable features and deliver the right capabilities
• How to design automated tests for superior reliability and easier maintenance
• How agile team members can improve and expand their testing skills
• How to plan “just enough,” balancing small increments with larger feature sets and the entire system
• How to use testing to identify and mitigate risks associated with your current agile processes and to prevent defects
• How to address challenges within your product or organizational context
• How to perform exploratory testing using “personas” and “tours”
• Exploratory testing approaches that engage the whole team, using test charters with session- and thread-based techniques
• How to bring new agile testers up to speed quickly–without overwhelming them
This book can help you to catch up with new developments in the area of agile testing, with topics like scaling agile, DevOps, testing the Internet of Things (IoT) and agile testing in regulated environments.
I like how Janet and Lisa talk about "thinking skills". Collaboration and communication are important success factors to make agile teams work so there is a clear need for learning both professional and social skills.
Recommended reading for testers and for developers who want to learn more about testing.
Disclaimer: I’m affiliated with many online book stores. If you visit any of these stores via my website to buy books or any other products then I will receive a commission.