Working with remote or distributed teams can be challenging. Distance and time differences make it more difficult to work together and to collaboratively improve the way of working.
While remote or distributed teams can certainly have advantages over collocated teams, their benefits can only be reaches if teams know how to find effective ways to collaborate and communicate and become able to improve continuously.
Improving remote collaboration
Some of the main challenges that remote or distributed teams have are:
- Establishing ongoing communication between team members
- Coordinating and synchronize the work that needs to be done
- Changing the way the work is done while keeping alignment between different locations where the work is done
- Dealing with cultural differences and establishing trust between team members
This workshop helps teams to explore the way that they are collaborating and communicating and to find ways to improve to become more effective as a remote or distributed team.
In the workshop you will learn to:
- Define shared goals, values and principles to work together in an effective way
- Establish a culture where people respect and trust each other and are open and honest
- Manage the balance between dependency and autonomy of team members at different locations
- How to do agile self-assessments and remote retrospectives to reflect on the way of working
- Define and execute actions to improve collaboration and communication
- Improve using tools for collaboration and communications
This workshop is intended for:
- Agile coaches and change agents
- Team members of remote/distributed teams
- Team, product or project managers
- (senior) managers
- Anybody involved in remote collaboration
This workshop will be tailored to the specific situation and needs of you company.
Duration: 1/2 day – 1 day
If you want to know more about this workshop or any other workshops or training sessions, feel free to contact me.
+31 6 2901 3863
Note: This workshop can also be given in Dutch by me.