Do you want to write about how you are applying Agile, Lean, Retrospectives, Kanban, or Continuous Improvement in software development? Share your experiences from developing software with thousands of readers and increase your visibility and network? Get feedback on your ideas? Practice your writing skills? Reach out to the (agile) world? Get all this by publishing a guest post or sponsored post on BenLinders.com!
The purpose of a guest post is to share experience, not to promote yourself or your services. Guest blog posts are articles from practitioners in software development or management all around the world about interesting topics in Agile and Lean software development.
My readers look for things that they can use in their daily work. They want to read about things that people learned, new practices and techniques and how they are applied, what worked and what didn’t, and why. Posts on BenLinders.com aim to give them something that gets them thinking and going.
Some of the topics that readers from BenLinders.com are interested to read about are organizational and culture change, adopting Agile, Lean, Kanban, or DevOps, new books on software development, agile retrospectives, continuous improvement, software quality and personal development.
Here are the guidelines for blog posts (guest and sponsored):
- The topic of your post should be about software development and has to be relevant for this website: Agile, Lean, Retrospectives, Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Improvement, or a topic that’s strongly related to this.
- Post should be written towards software developers, their managers/tech leads, Scrum masters, agile coaches, or consultants working with software development companies.
- Post content should be actionable and/or thought provoking, and include things that the above-mentioned professionals can use in their daily work.
- In the post I expect you to share your experience as a practitioner. Please include examples, suggestions, personal anecdotes, learnings, etc.
- Size of the blog post should be 600-1000 words.
- Post should not include abusive or offensive language or images.
- Post should not promote your business or services.
- Please include your name in the post. Post will be published under a person’s name, not a company name.
- Post can include only one link to the author’s personal (not company) blog, LinkedIn profile, Twitter name, etc.
- Bios for guest articles are one sentence only with name and role/company. No images.
- As this is a bilingual blog posts should be written in English or Dutch.
As mentioned before, the purpose of a guest post is to share experiences by practitioners. If a post has commercial intentions in any way, then I will treat it as a sponsored post.
The basic rules for sponsored posts are the same as mentioned above for guest posts: I only publish posts that are on-topic, actionable and thought-provoking, posts which my readers will appreciate. Posts which look unsuitable to me will be rejected.
A sponsored post allows you to promote a product or service.
The benefits that you get from publishing a sponsored post are:
- In a sponsored post you can mention one product or service. My suggestion is to not make it sound too promotional as that might scare away your readers.
- You are allowed to add one dofollow link, provided that the text of the link has the name of the product or service that it links to.
- The post will include the name of the author and of your company with a link to your company website.
- The post will be visible on the home page of benlinders.com, a high-respected website visited by many readers from all over the world.
- The post will be shared in my newsletters (Dutch and worldwide) which go out to thousands of readers.
- I will do a shout out on social media for the post, making it visible to my many followers on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Sponsored posts are published for a fee and are marked with the text “Sponsored”.
Contact me if you are interested in publishing sponsored content on BenLinders.com.
Please note that I do not write sponsored content, I only publish it. Your proposal for a sponsored post will be reviewed and copy-edited before publication.
Next to sponsored posts, it is also possible to have a sponsored page on BenLinders.com. These pages are suited to promote tools, services, or products related to Agile and Lean software development.
Paid or free?
Rule if it’s published as a sponsored (paid) or guest (free) post:
- If a backlink is included to a company page or sponsored content (promotional), then it will be a sponsored post which is published for a fee.
- If it’s a link to your personal page (LinkedIn profile, Twitter, personal (not business) blog) then it can be a guest post.
Submit your post
You can submit your post by email.
I will review the post and copy-edit it where needed before publication. I will also add a short introduction and a paragraph at the end with my personal view on the topic to put the post into perspective.
Promotional posts will be rejected, as will be posts which link to websites that are mainly promotional or not related to the scope/topics of BenLinders.com.
Many authors have written for BenLinders.com. Here you can find the blog posts written by guest authors.
Feel free to contact me if you have questions about having your guest blog post published on BenLinders.com, or if there’s anything else that you would like to discuss.