To support organizations in doing effective sustainable improvement I provide workshops on applying Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc), Lean, Retrospectives, soft skills like communication and collaboration, culture change and psychological safety, and continuous improvement practices.
Workshops, Tutorials, and Masterclasses
I regularly provide workshops, masterclasses, and training sessions, where people gain new insights, try out different practices and techniques, and learn how to apply them effectively in their own specific situations.
Workshops that I’m currently giving on a regular base are:
- Making Agile Work for You – for agile coaches, Scrum masters, Product Owners, managers
- Improving Organizational Agility – for agile coaches, managers, Tech leads, Scrum masters
- Valuable Agile Retrospectives for Teams – for Scrum masters, teams, agile coaches
- Facilitating Remote Retrospectives – for Retrospective Facilitators, Tech leaders and Scrum masters, Agile and Lean Coaches
- Increasing Agility with Retrospectives – for agile coaches, managers
- Agile Team Self-assessments – for agile teams, Tech leaders and Scrum masters, Agile and Lean Coaches
- Assessing your agility – for teams, coaches, Scrum masters & managers
- Fostering an Agile Culture – For Scrum masters, Agile and Lean coaches, managers
- Increasing Psychological Safety in Agile Teams – For Agile coaches, facilitators, Scrum masters, managers
- Problem-solving with Agile Thinking and Practices – for teams, Tech leads, Scrum masters, agile coaches, managers
- Continuous Improvement in Remote / Distributed Teams – for agile coaches, managers
- Exercises for Agile Retrospectives – for anyone who does retrospectives
- Collaborating Remotely – For distributed teams, agile coaches, anyone
- Onboarding Distributed Teams – For distributed teams, agile coaches, managers
- Agile Coaching and Developing Coaching Skills – for agile coaches, HR & managers
- Delivering High-Quality products (new workshop to be announced)
Mini-workshops that I do at conferences (can be extended into half or full day workshop):
- Dealing with Impediments (AT Brussels, BA day, XP Days, Agile Lean Middle east, ACE, etc) – for teams, coaches, Tech leads & managers
- Retrospecting your Retrospectives (Experience Agile, AitC Bristol, Aginext.io, RebelCon, etc) – for teams, Scrum masters, coaches, facilitators
- Playing the Agile Self-assessment Game (AT Lille, Agile Showcase, Agile Management, etc) – for teams, Scrum masters, Tech leads, managers
The below workshops are done on request:
- Getting More out of Agile and Lean – for agile coaches, Scrum masters, Product Owners, managers
- Spice up your Retrospectives – for Scrum Masters, agile coaches & Facilitators
- Getting Business Value out of Agile Retrospectives – for C-level executives
- Sustainable Improvement – for teams & managers
- Increasing the Value of Agile – for managers & C-level executives
- Business Value of Root Cause Analysis – for teams & facilitators
Learning by practicing and experiencing
Doing it yourself and reflecting is the way people learn new practices and develop skills in my workshops. They work in teams to try out things and experiment with practices to learn how agile can really look and feel. I coach people, answer questions, share my experience, and provide lots of ideas. They learn from me, and also from each other.
I teach from personal experience: What I teach in my workshops are things that I’ve done myself, or that I feel able to do and make enough sense to me to experiment with. My strength is that I teach what I do and do what I teach, it’s who I am. I believe bringing my whole self to workshops makes a difference.
My approach enables attendees to apply the things they learned in their daily work.
Learn how you can facilitate retrospectives, practice exercises that involve everyone, and gain insight into psychological safety in retrospectives in the online workshop Facilitating Effective Retrospectives on December 15, 2022.December 15, 2022 at Online
I give private in-house workshops, which I tailor to the specific situation and needs of your company. These workshops help teams and organizations to increase their effectiveness and agility and to deliver more value. Contact me to discuss the possibilities!
In-house workshops are designed to meet your specific needs. They are just-in-time focused training.
All the workshops that I provide include materials like references to books, publications, and presentations. I provide support to attendees before, during, and after the workshop (Free Lifetime Support). Everything is included for an all-in price.
The workshops are time well spend; organizations get value for their money!
Request a Workshop
Contact me if you want me to come over to your city/country to give a workshop, need a quote for an in-house workshop or talk, want me to give a tutorial at your conference, or want to partner with me to organize a workshop in your country.
Both onsite and online workshops are possible, just get in touch to discuss your needs.
I work with high-quality partners all around the world to deliver public and in-company workshops at locations close to you. Here are some of the partners (in alphabetic order) that I work with:
Contact me if you would like to work with me as a partner.
It was a pleasure to be in the workshop Making Agile Valuable by Ben Linders, one of the most useful workshops I’ve been on. I liked that it was very practical without tons of theoretical ppts. I liked the one big exercise which was good decomposed and realized in many practical steps which enhanced team work, feedback and learning from failures.
Attila Csibi, software architect at evosoft
Ben provided training for our Product Owners and Scrum Masters and it was a great experience for all involved. I was familiar with some of Ben’s publications prior to working with him, but I was still impressed by his vast knowledge, professionalism and genuine interest in understanding our pain points in order to tailor the course to address our specific needs. I would recommended Ben services, to any team that wants to genuinely improve.
Costa Constantinou, Software Engineering Manager at UTX Technologies LTD
Ben Linders’ın “Effective Agile Retrospectives” eğitimine katılmıştım.
3 seneye yakın Scrum Master’lık yapmış biriyim. Ve bu eğitimin agile takımlara (özellikle SM’lara) yararlı olacağını düşünüyorum. Tavsiye ederim.
I participated in Ben Linders’ “Effective Agile Retrospectives” training. I’ve been a Scrum Master for almost 3 years, and I think this training is useful for agile teams, especially for Scrum Masters. I recommend to participate.
Erdem Bıyık, Scrum Master at Yemek Sepeti
Ben came across as a highly approachable and experienced person who was presenting his own experiences through easy to follow, fun-filled exercises. While you participate in these group exercises it allow you to reflect on your own (and your team’s) experience – what I do, how I do it and why it works or not, which helps you to learn better and faster. The game played clearly shows common traits that hold people back and get in the way of them being the best they can be.
Rupesh Agarwal, Senior Business Analyst at Coutts
I want to thank you once again for the great workshop. I think it was one of the most valuable things I have learned on this conference.
Stamo Petkov, Head of, Microsoft Technologies Department at Information Services JSC
Ben Linders has significant experience in Application Development and CMMi. I had an excellent learning session from Ben on Business Focused CMMI, Process Deployment, and Agile Process Improvement. Ben is very eager to share his knowledge and experiences. Ben has published many papers which are useful and can be easily applied in various scenarios.
Kaushik Khakhar, Chief Enterprise Architect and CTO at Krish InfoCom
After attending the Agile Retrospectives workshop by Ben Linders, I can definitely say that as an Agile Coach/Scrum Master, I had a useful toolset to experiment with my teams for having effective and productive retrospectives. I strongly recommend this workshop to extend your retrospective techniques and skills.
Barış Bal, Agile Coach at Finance/Telco/Insurance sectors
I have known Ben Linders for many years and more recently had the pleasure of working closely with him to organise three co-located conferences in Netherlands focused on software development and process improvement. Ben has been fantastic collaborator in the event – his deep knowledge of the subject matter, latest trends and the marketplace in general is impressive and it is clear he has a genuine passion for better process improvement.
Ben is one of the first people we contacted with the idea of holding conferences in mainland Europe – right from the start he was an invaluable source of sound advice; always open and willing to share his thoughts and ideas, culminating in him chairing the Process Improvement conference, presenting and leading the experts panel. Ben is a super guy to work with and I highly recommend him.
Alec McCutcheon, Owner / Director at UNICOM Seminars Ltd organisers
Map with all workshops, public speaking appearances, conferences – not up to date (too many workshops)
Ben Linders is an Independent Consultant in Agile, Lean, Quality and Continuous Improvement, based in The Netherlands. Author of Getting Value out of Agile Retrospectives, Waardevolle Agile Retrospectives & What Drives Quality. Creator of the Agile Self-assessment Game.
As an adviser, coach, and trainer he helps organizations by deploying effective software development and management practices. He focuses on continuous improvement, collaboration and communication, and professional development, to deliver business value to customers. He regularly provides workshops and training sessions and conference keynotes, talks, and tutorials.
In need of advice, consultancy, training or workshop? Have a question? Contact me!
(images courtesy of Agile Adria, Lean Kanban France, Agile by Example, and Bosnia Agile)