Learn how to deal effectively and faster with impediments and improve your problem-solving skills in the workshop Problems-Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices.
Impediments can be something in the way of working, be it processes, tools, or organizational rules or structures. They slow down teams or block the delivery of products or services. Agile can help to identify problems, it tends to bring problems to the surface and provides solutions for addressing them.
Problem-Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices
Teams will face problems in their daily work. Agile calls these problems impediments. Teams need to be able to deal with impediments as they have an impact on the flow of work, they are problems that reduce outputs and results.
In the workshop Problems Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices, you will learn how to recognize, analyze, and solve problems effectively and faster using agile thinking and practices.
You will practice:
- Recognizing signals of problems, and creating safety in teams (and beyond) for people to bring up problems
- Analyzing problems, for example by using causal analysis, Cynefin, serious games, blameless post-mortems, retrospectives, swarming, or blocker analysis
- Managing impediments using techniques from Lean & Kanban; decide how to solve them and who should be involved
- Preventing problems using quality techniques like code walkthrough/reviews, pairing, CI/CD
- Using coaching and games to improve collaboration and develop problem-solving skills
Handling impediments is a key value for all teams and organizations to increase their agility. Regardless of the methods or frameworks used or how it’s called, problem-solving is an essential skill for all employees.
This workshop is intended for:
- Agile Teams.
- Technical (team) leaders and Scrum masters
- Product Owners and Project/Line Managers
- Stakeholders working with agile teams
- Agile and Lean Coaches
- Anybody who is supporting teams in agile transformations
The practices in this workshop will help you to get problems out of the way quickly and effectively.
What will you get out of this workshop:
- Become able to create a blameless culture where signals are spotted more easily and problems are brought up sooner
- Develop your skills for analyzing problems to get a deep understanding and decide to take action
- Learn how to collaboratively deal with impediments in your team and organization and find ways to prevent problems from happening
This workshop can be tailored to the specific situation and needs of your organization. Contact me!
Duration: 1 day.
This what people say after playing one of my Impediment games or reading my book Problem? What Problem? Dealing Effectively with Impediments using Agile Thinking and Practices:
I have attended Ben’s workshop about Impediments at Agile Middle East 2019 in Dubai. Ben has an amazing style of explaining and convincing the people through his workshop’s board game. The Impediment board Game is a great source of realizing for self organizing teams that actual way of dealing with impediment is to face it as a team. The team learns how to deal with their work related impediments and avoids waiting for someone outside the team to resolve for them, which actually is never going to happen.
Wajih Aslam, Scrum Master, Agile Leader, Agile Coach
Ben Linders steps into the gap between finding a problem and living happily ever after with his new book, Problem? What Problem? This book directly addresses problem-solving at a level that agile teams can use, right now!
Thomas Cagley, Transformation Coach
This book is a very useful resource for figuring out how to navigate [impediments and problems]. Ben has collected a wide range of experience-based advice that you will find helpful.
Scott Duncan, Lead Coach & Trainer at Agile Software Qualities
Ben Linders provides a go-to resource in Problem? What Problem? that is full of practical advice for individuals, teams and organisations seeking strategies to deal with their problems.
David Spinks, Agile Adventurer, PST, AKT
This is what people say who attend my workshops:
Upcoming public events
Problem Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices – Full-day Tutorial at Agile Testing Days 2022November 21, 2022
Workshop Problem Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices – Live OnlineMarch 31, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm CEST
Workshop Problem Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices – Live OnlineMarch 11, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm CET
OOP 2021February 8, 2021 - February 12, 2021
Workshop Problem Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices – Live OnlineJanuary 27, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm CET
Workshop Problem Solving with Agile Thinking and PracticesNovember 9, 2020
DevOpsCon Munich 2019December 2, 2019 - December 4, 2019
Agile Management Congress 2019November 25, 2019
Workshops by Ben Linders
Doing it yourself and reflecting, that is the way people learn new practices and develop skills in my workshops. They work in teams to try out things and experiment with practices to learn how agile can really look and feel.
I coach people, answer questions, share my experience, and provide lots of ideas. They learn from me, and also from each other
If you want to know more about this workshop or any other workshops or training sessions, feel free to contact me.
+31 6 2901 3863
Ben Linders Consulting
Tilburg, The Netherlands