December 1, 2018 - December 2, 2018
I have been invited by GrowIt to give a talk about how to (not) manage teams at their Full Stack conference in Novi Sad, Serbia, on December 1 and 2.
Welcome to first GrowIT conference, the beginning of a new tradition. The idea is to gather IT experts, beginners, enthusiasts, devotees, business owners, students and everyone interested in technology. The purpose of this event is to contribute to our IT community. The main goal is to help out attendees introduce themselves to each other and make valuable connections. And our lecturers will be covering various significant and interesting tech and programming oriented topics.
My talk will be about: Teams, what’s in it for me? How to (not) manage teams:
Agile talks a lot about self-organized teams, where developers and testers work together to deliver software. But what can you do to make teams succeed?
Ben Linders will explore why you want to work in a team, the benefits that teams bring, and how to (not) manage teams.
- What is an agile team (and what not)
- Why would you as a developer want to work in a team, what’s in it for me
- Which benefits do teams have for organizations, stakeholders, customers, etc
- How to manage teams, the do’s and don’ts
- How developers, managers, and business people, can effectively communicate and collaborate