I’m returning to eXperience Agile to give the workshop Making Agile Work for You. You can sign up at eXperience Agile Eventbrite.
Learn how to apply agile practices to develop the right products, deliver faster, increase quality, and become a happy high-performing team!
Making Agile Work for You
Many teams are adopting an agile way of working with Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, or any other agile framework. Their expectation is that it will help them to better serve the IT needs of their stakeholders and to develop products that satisfy their customer’s needs. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work that way.
If your team is
- finding it difficult to agree and decide with stakeholders on what to deliver when
- not delivering working software every sprint or not able to finish user stories within reasonable time
- finding it hard to understand what your customers actually need and unsure if you are delivering value to them
- having difficulties communicating and working together as a self-organized team
- feeling micromanaged and not empowered to decide and take control of their own journey
- doing agile/Scrum/Kanban rituals but feeling that they are not always helpful
- not getting good actions out of your retrospective or actions not being done
then this is the workshop for you!
Applying agile to make it work for your team isn’t easy. But it can be done!
In the workshop Making Agile Work for You you will experience agile practices that you can apply in your teams:
- Practice how you can effectively tailor agile for planning your work, doing daily stand-ups with Scrum/Kanban boards, gathering feedback with product reviews/demos, and improving your way of working with agile retrospectives.
- Learn how to apply agile practices with an agile mindset.
- Increase your ability to pick those practices that help you to do a better job and collaborate better with your stakeholders.
The workshop is loaded with examples and suggestions to help you become more agile and lean.
This workshop is intended for:
- Technical (team) leaders and Scrum masters
- (Senior) Developers and Tester
- Product Owners and Project/Line Managers
- Stakeholders working with agile teams
- Agile and Lean Coaches
- Anybody who is supporting teams in agile transformations
The practices in this workshop will help you to develop the right products for your business and customers, reduce your delivery time, increase the quality of your software products, and become a happy high performing team.
What will you get out of this workshop:
- Practice working with Agile and Scrum/Kanban: planning, daily stand-ups, product reviews and retrospectives
- Get ideas for improving collaboration and communication with stakeholders to deliver more value
- Find out how to deal effectively with impediments to take control and truly become self-organized
- Learn tips and tricks to improve your agile way of working
- Get advice on selecting and applying agile (Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean) practices effectively for you
“The workshop Getting More out of Agile and Lean was really interesting. I specially liked the product owner and team exercise, the impediment game and the 1-word retrospective that we did. I learned when and how I can use them in my daily work.”
Bill Souliotis – Manager Software Research & Development Graphics User Interface at BETA CAE Systems
“I’d like to thank you again for your excellent workshop. It was fun and I already started using some of the ideas with my team. The change is definitely notable.”
Liran Ben-Porat, qSpark LTD
“Nice to join a workshop in which the attendees and teacher actually have profound hands-on experience with agile.”
“Immersive, good choice of subjects, well led.”
“A lot of examples.”
“Good useful interactions and learning from other participants.”
Attendees from the GOTO Amsterdam workshop
“I attended Ben’s workshop in Athens (Getting More out of Agile and Lean) and I can highly recommend it to all professionals that are serious about Scrum and about applying agile processes in real-world problems of software development. Especially for Product Owners and for Scrum Masters, this training will help you and your organisation evolve to the next level. Thank you, Ben!”
Konstantinos Vasileiou – Certified Product Owner | Senior Business Analyst