- This event has passed.
Making Agile Work for You at Agile Greece Summit 2018
September 18, 2018 - September 19, 2018€220
Learn how to apply agile practices to develop the right products, deliver faster, increase quality, and become a happy high-performing team!
For the fourth time in a row, I’m returning to Athens to give a workshop in conjunction with the Agile Greece Summit. Early bird ticket sales has started!
Making Agile Work for You
Many teams are adopting an agile way of working with Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, or any other agile framework. Their expectation is that it will help them to better serve the IT needs of their stakeholders and to develop products that satisfy their customer’s needs. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work that way.
If your team is
- finding it difficult to agree and decide with stakeholders on what to deliver when
- not delivering working software every sprint or not able to finish user stories within reasonable time
- finding it hard to understand what your customers actually need and unsure if you are delivering value to them
- having difficulties communicating and working together as a self-organized team
- feeling micromanaged and not empowered to decide and take control of their own journey
- doing agile/Scrum/Kanban rituals but feeling that they are not always helpful
- not getting good actions out of your retrospective or actions not being done
then this is the workshop for you!
Applying agile to make it work for your team isn’t easy. But it can be done!
In the workshop Making Agile Work for You you will experience agile practices that you can apply in your teams:
- Practice how you can effectively tailor agile for planning your work, doing daily stand-ups with Scrum/Kanban boards, gathering feedback with product reviews/demos, and improving your way of working with agile retrospectives.
- Learn how to apply agile practices with an agile mindset.
- Increase your ability to pick those practices that help you to do a better job and collaborate better with your stakeholders.
The workshop is loaded with examples and suggestions to help you become more agile and lean.
This workshop is intended for:
- Technical (team) leaders and Scrum masters
- (Senior) Developers and Tester
- Product Owners and Project/Line Managers
- Stakeholders working with agile teams
- Agile and Lean Coaches
- Anybody who is supporting teams in agile transformations
The practices in this workshop will help you to develop the right products for your business and customers, reduce your delivery time, increase the quality of your software products, and become a happy high performing team.
What will you get out of this workshop:
- Practice working with Agile and Scrum/Kanban: planning, daily stand-ups, product reviews and retrospectives
- Get ideas for improving collaboration and communication with stakeholders to deliver more value
- Find out how to deal effectively with impediments to take control and truly become self-organized
- Learn tips and tricks to improve your agile way of working
- Get advice on selecting and applying agile (Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean) practices effectively for you
Join my full-day workshop on Thursday, September 30 at DevOpsCon New York to practice how to get more out of retrospectives to increase the agility of your teams.September 29, 2021 - September 30, 2021 at Marriott Brooklyn Bridge, New York
I'm giving my workshop Improving Organizational Agility at the Experience Agile week (XA2021) as a three-day online workshop. Book your seat at eXperience Agile.October 3, 2021 - October 7, 2021 at Online
I’m giving my popular workshop Improving Organizational Agility as an online virtual course on November 18 & 19, 2021, in collaboration with Agile Actors #learning.November 17, 2021 - November 19, 2021 at Online
Learn new exercises for your agile retrospectives, find out how to create a safe environment, and improve your facilitation skills in the workshop Valuable Agile Retrospectives for Teams at DevOpsCon Singapore, November 24-25, 2021!November 23, 2021 - November 25, 2021 at Suntec Singapore