- This event has passed.
Workshop Delivering Value with Agile in London
March 7, 2018 - March 9, 2018GBP1150
Learn how to apply agile practices throughout your organization to develop the right products, deliver faster, increase quality, and improve organizational agility with happy high-performing teams in London on March 8-9, 2018!
Many teams are adopting an agile way of working hoping to better serve the IT needs of the business and to develop products that satisfy their customer’s needs. The organizations are going through agile transformations, implementing Scrum or Kanban and using large-scale agile frameworks like Lean, SAFe, LeSS or DAD. Unfortunately, those transformations do not always live up to the agile promise of delivering better products, faster, at lower costs.
If your teams are
- finding it difficult to agree and decide with stakeholders on what to deliver when
- not delivering working software every sprint or not able to finish user stories within reasonable time
- finding it hard to understand what your customers actually need and unsure if you are delivering value to them
- having difficulties communicating and working together as a self-organized team
- feeling micromanaged and not empowered to decide and take control of their own journey
- doing agile/Scrum/Kanban rituals but feeling that they are not always helpful
- not getting good actions out of your retrospective or actions not being done
or if your organization is
- having difficulties to adjust itself to shorten delivery times
- having products with quality issues and is loosing customers
- doing an agile/Scrum/Kanban transformation but not seeing the expected benefits
- unable to remove barriers that are blocking cross-organizational collaboration
- trying to adopt agile but finding it hard to change the culture and mindset
- looking for ways to apply agile practices more effectively and needs help with that
- not able to improve in small but meaningful steps
- on an agile journey but unsure where to go next or what would be the best thing to do
then this is the workshop for you!
Applying agile to make it work for your teams and improving organizational agility isn’t easy. But it can be done!
This workshop consists of two days of intensive training and exercises, loaded with examples and suggestions to help you become more agile and lean. The first day focuses on applying agile practices in teams where the second day dives into organizational-wide agility. Both days can also be attended individually.
Making Agile Work for You (Day 1)
On day one you will experience agile practices that you can apply in your teams:
- Practice how you can effectively tailor agile for planning your work, doing daily stand-ups with Scrum/Kanban boards, gathering feedback with product reviews/demos, and improving your way of working with agile retrospectives.
- Learn how to apply agile practices with an agile mindset.
- Increase your ability to pick those practices that help you to do a better job and collaborate better with your stakeholders.
What will you get out of the first day:
- Practice working with Agile and Scrum/Kanban: planning, daily stand-ups, product reviews and retrospectives
- Get ideas for improving collaboration and communication with stakeholders to deliver more value
- Find out how to deal effectively with impediments to take control and truly become self-organized
- Learn tips and tricks to improve your agile way of working
- Get advice on selecting and applying agile (Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean) practices effectively for you
Improving Organizational Agility (Day 2)
On day two you will learn how your organization can become more agile:
- Practice how to create an environment that enables teams and empower them to apply agile practices.
- Learn ways to establish an agile mindset throughout the organization.
- Create a culture that supports collaboration and which motivates people to work together to create high-quality products and services.
What will you get out of the second day:
- Practice how to assess your agility with Agile Self-assessments to find out how well you are doing
- Learn effective ways to travel your agile journey and find out what you need to do this
- Get ideas for improving collaboration and communication between teams and stakeholders and break down barriers
- Learn tips and tricks to expand and scale an agile way of working throughout the organization
- Get advice on selecting and applying agile and lean practices effectively throughout the organization
This workshop is intended for:
- Technical (team) leaders and Scrum masters
- Agile and Lean Coaches
- Agile Consultants and Change Managers
- (Senior) Developers and Tester
- Product Owners and Project/Line Managers
- Stakeholders working with agile teams
- Anybody who is supporting teams in agile transformations
The practices in this workshop will help you to develop the right products for your business and customers, reduce your delivery time, increase the quality of your software products, and become a happy high performing team.
“The workshop Getting More out of Agile and Lean was really interesting. I specially liked the product owner and team exercise, the impediment game and the 1-word retrospective that we did. I learned when and how I can use them in my daily work.”
Bill Souliotis – Manager Software Research & Development Graphics User Interface at BETA CAE Systems
“I’d like to thank you again for your excellent workshop. It was fun and I already started using some of the ideas with my team. The change is definitely notable.”
Liran Ben-Porat, qSpark LTD
“Nice to join a workshop in which the attendees and teacher actually have profound hands-on experience with agile.”
“Immersive, good choice of subjects, well led.”
“A lot of examples.”
“Good useful interactions and learning from other participants.”
Attendees from the GOTO Amsterdam workshop
“I attended Ben’s workshop in Athens (Getting More out of Agile and Lean) and I can highly recommend it to all professionals that are serious about Scrum and about applying agile processes in real-world problems of software development. Especially for Product Owners and for Scrum Masters, this training will help you and your organisation evolve to the next level. Thank you, Ben!”
Konstantinos Vasileiou – Certified Product Owner | Senior Business Analyst
The price for this two-day workshop is GBP 1150 excl. VAT. It is also possible to attend only the first or second day, the price for one day is GBP 600 excl. VAT
- Full day workshops
- Free Lifetime Support
This workshop is done in collaboration with Trifork London / GOTO Academy. Trifork is a leading full service supplier of high-quality custom-built applications and end-to-end solutions, and organizer of the GOTO conferences: the enterprise software development conference designed for team leads, architects, and project management organized by developers, for developers.
Use these links to register for this workshop:
- Full two-day workshop Delivering Value with Agile on March 8-9 (GBP 1150)
- First day only workshop Making Agile Work for You on March 8 (GBP 600)
- Second day only workshop Improving Organizational Agility on March 9 (GBP 600)
Unable to come to London? This workshop is also provided in other cities:
- Delivering Value with Agile in Amsterdam on March 20-21
- Delivering Value with Agile in Madrid on April 23-24
If you want to know more about this workshop or any other workshops or training sessions, feel free to contact me.