Problem Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices – Full-day Tutorial at Agile Testing Days 2022
November 21, 2022€765,00
This year I’m giving a full-day tutorial on Problem Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices at Agile Testing Days. Join me November 21 to learn how you can handle impediments effectively and faster and practice your problem-solving skills.
Problem Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices
Agile brings problems to the surface and provides solutions for addressing them. Learn in this Problem-solving workshop how to recognize, analyze, and solve problems using agile thinking and practices.
Teams need to deal with impediments as they slow them down or block the delivery of products. Impediments can be something in the way of working, be it processes, tools, or organizational rules or structures. They slow down teams or block the delivery of products or services.
Agile can help to identify problems, it tends to bring problems to the surface and provides solutions for addressing them. Teams will face problems in their daily work. Agile calls these problems impediments. Teams need to be able to deal with impediments as they have an impact on the flow of work, they are problems that reduce outputs and results.
In the workshop Problems Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices, you will learn how to recognize, analyze, and solve problems effectively and faster using agile thinking and practices.
You will practice:
- Recognizing signals of problems, and creating safety in teams (and beyond) for people to bring up problems
- Analyzing problems, for example by using causal analysis, Cynefin, serious games, blameless post-mortems, retrospectives, swarming, or blocker analysis
- Managing impediments using techniques from Lean & Kanban; decide how to solve them and who should be involved
- Preventing problems using quality techniques like code walkthrough/reviews, pairing, CI/CD Using coaching and games to improve collaboration and develop problem-solving skills
This workshop is intended for Agile Team, Tech lead, Scrum master, Product Owner, Project/Line Manager, Agile and Lean Coach.
- Become able to create a blameless culture where signals are spotted more easily and problems are brought up sooner
- Develop your skills for analyzing problems to get a deep understanding
- Explore ways to take action and follow up to remove problems or mitigate the impact
- Learn how to collaboratively deal with impediments in your team and organization
- Explore ways to prevent problems from happening again in the future
Learning by practicing and experiencing
Doing it yourself and reflecting is the way people learn new practices and develop skills in my workshops. They work in teams to try out things and experiment with practices to learn how agile can really look and feel. I coach people, answer questions, share my experience, and provide lots of ideas. They learn from me, and also from each other.
Agile Testing Days
The Agile Testing Days Conference is a festival for the agile community. Network & get deep insights in testing & agile excellence.
The event is now one of the world’s leading software testing conferences and continues to set new standards with its innovative session formats and diverse speaker line up.
This year I'm giving a full-day tutorial on Problem Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices at Agile Testing Days. Join me November 21 to learn how you can handle impediments effectively and faster and practice your problem-solving skills.November 21, 2022 at Dorint Sanssouci Berlin/Potsdam