In November I’ll be giving three online workshops: Problem Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices, Self-assessing your Agility, and Facilitating Remote Retrospectives. I’m also doing several public courses with partners. These are all small-group interactive workshops where you’ll learn by practicing. Book your seat now!
Problem Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices
- Recognizing signals of problems, and creating safety in teams for people to bring up problems
- Analyzing problems picking one technique: causal analysis, blameless post-mortems, retrospectives, swarming, or blocker analysis
- Managing impediments using techniques from Lean & Kanban; decide how to solve them and who should be involved
- Using coaching and games to improve collaboration and develop problem-solving skills
A one-day workshop on November 4 for €450. Sign-up: Problem Solving with Agile Thinking and Practices.
Self-assessing your Agility
- Explore what agile and agility means and the benefits that they can bring
- Understand the power of engagement and invitation-based agile adoption approaches
- Experience how you can self-assess the agility of teams and organizations
- Play the Agile Self-assessment Game using different playing formats and card decks
- Learn ways for planning and traveling your own agile journey
A one-day workshop on November 8 for €450. Sign-up: Self-assessing your Agility.
Facilitating Remote Retrospectives
Learn how you can run remote retrospectives, practice online exercises that involve everyone, and gain insight into psychological safety in distributed retrospectives in the online workshop Facilitating Remote Retrospectives.
- Explore unproductive behavior in retrospectives and learn to recognize retrospective smells or anti-patterns
- Develop your facilitation skills for running remote retrospectives
- Practice different exercises for distributed retrospectives using online tools
- Learn about psychological safety in online meetings and what can be done to keep people involved
A one-day workshop on November 30 for €450. Sign-up: Facilitating Remote Retrospectives.
Public courses with partners
I’m giving my popular workshop Improving Organizational Agility as an online virtual course on November 18 & 19, 2021, in collaboration with Agile Actors #learning.
Learn new exercises for your agile retrospectives, find out how to create a safe environment, and improve your facilitation skills in the workshop Valuable Agile Retrospectives for Teams at DevOpsCon Singapore, November 24-25, 2021.
Learning by practicing and experiencing
Doing it yourself and reflecting is the way people learn new practices and develop skills in my workshops. They work in teams to try out things and experiment with practices to learn how agile can really look and feel. I coach people, answer questions, share my experience, and provide lots of ideas. They learn from me, and also from each other.
I teach from personal experience: What I teach in my workshops are things that I’ve done myself, or that I feel able to do and make enough sense to me to experiment with. My strength is that I teach what I do and do what I teach, it’s who I am. I believe bringing my whole self to workshops makes a difference.